Vodacom Tanzania is Tanzania’s leading communications company providing a wide range of services for consumers and enterprise including voice, data, messaging, financial services and Enterprise solutions.
Vodacom Tanzania was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange on 15 August 2017. Vodacom Tanzania and its subsidiaries (together ‘the Group’) are majority owned by Vodacom Group Limited (75% holding), a company registered in South Africa, which in turn is majority owned by Vodafone Group PLC., a company based in the United Kingdom.
Vodacom Tanzania Public Limited Company (‘Vodacom Tanzania’) is committed to the highest standards of business integrity, ethics and professionalism. Corporate governance principles include discipline, independence, responsibility, fairness, social responsibility, transparency and the accountability of directors to all stakeholders. These principles are entrenched in Vodacom Tanzania’s internal controls and policy procedures governing corporate conduct and are aligned with the Capital Markets and Securities Authority’s guidelines on corporate governance practices by public listed companies in Tanzania.
Vodacom Tanzania has a unitary Board of 12 directors, of whom four (including the Chairman) are independent non-executive directors, six are non-executive (but not independent as they represent major shareholders), and two are executive directors. The Board is satisfied that the balance of knowledge, skills, experience and diversity on the Board is sufficient. The Board takes overall responsibility for Vodacom Tanzania’s success. Its role is to exercise leadership and sound judgement in directing Vodacom Tanzania to achieve sustainable growth and act in the best interests of its shareholders.
The Board charter details the responsibilities of the Board, which include:
- Appointment of the Managing Director and Finance Director;
- Effective oversight of Vodacom Tanzania’s strategic direction;
- Approving major capital projects, acquisitions or divestitures;
- Exercising objective judgment on Vodacom Tanzania’s business affairs, independent from management;
- Ensuring that appropriate governance structures, policies and procedures are in place;
- Ensuring the effectiveness of Vodacom Tanzania’s internal controls;
- Reviewing and evaluating Vodacom Tanzania’s risks;
- Approving the annual budget and operating plan;
- Approving the consolidated annual and interim financial results as well as all communications to shareholders;
- Approving the senior management structure, responsibilities and succession plans; and
- Information and technology governance.
Vodacom Tanzania Contact Details & Address
- 15th Floor Vodacom Tower,
- Ursino Estate Plot 23,
- Old Bagamoyo Road,
- P.O. Box 2369, Dar es Salaam
- Dial 100 from your Vodacom handset
- Call from abroad on +255754705000
- Lines open 24 hours
How to Apply for Jobs Advertised Today by Vodacom, Vodacom careers
Here are the Vodacom Jobs, you can see more of the vacancies advertised by Vodacom and how to apply
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT VODACOM – SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
System Administrator Customer Experience
The System administrator focus on all Management of Charging system application, Database, OS and Infrastructure which also include design and deployments of product, services and Technical projects lead. Administrator has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in Charging operations including self-knowledge on architecture, call flow, protocol, Cloud infrastructure and technology role on project plans and execution. Typically, report to Charging Manager
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Product and services Deployment: Ensure New solutions are well designed and deployed efficiently following Vodacom change management policy
- System Management: Proactively monitor System performance and ensure Availability of services is above 99.999%
- System Security and Compliance: Ensure all Charging Infrastructure and Applications are well secured and all products and service integrations align with policies, processes and best practices also Perform checklists and User reviews as assigned by line Manager.
- Customer and Vendor Support: Ensure all suppliers provide services as per Agreement and comply with all policy and Vodacom standards and provide customer queries response as per agreed SLA.
- Self-Development: Being up to date with technology
Competencies, Qualifications and Experience
- Good knowledge on Software & Database Design and development
- Good knowledge on Open AP
- Good knowledge on Linux based operating system and Scripting
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Good understanding on Cloud Based architecture
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience industry or functional experience.
- Sc. in Computer Science, Electronics science or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Knowledge on Cloud architecture and containerized application would be advantageous.
- The role requires strong technical skills.
- Software development and Cloud knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
Useful Links Vodacom Tanzania:
Vodacom website – Link
Vodacom careers – Link