Senior Project Manager Job Opportunity at GE Digital
Job Overview: Senior Project Manager
GE Digital is a subsidiary of the American multinational conglomerate corporation General Electric.
This exciting new opportunity works within an international team of senior project management professionals who deliver Turnkey Energy and Distribution Management Systems in Europe, Africa, and Middle East. The team has a strong success record in the region and is currently delivering several national or inter-regional systems.
GE Digital is the world-wide leader for large Energy Management Systems (EMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS) and Market Management Systems (MMS).
The Senior Project Manager is in charge of managing one or several contracts through execution within time, cost, sales, quality & security targets. He/she coordinates the project team (technical, financial, etc.) and is responsible for customer interfacing and ensuring satisfaction. Working regularly at the customer site, he/she is in charge of projects, while receiving support from technical resources regionally and abroad from Europe, the Middle East, and India.
- Stakeholder Management: Responsible for customer satisfaction and daily relationship and coordination with Customer, Consortium Partner, subcontractors, and local administrations.
- Project team/resource management: Management of the project team in Tanzania (~10 pax): resource need identification, recruitment, workload management, team motivation, and encouragement.
- Project QCD management: In coordination with the off-shore Project Director, fully responsible for the on-shore Project delivery in terms of quality, cost, and respect of the schedule.
- Reporting and communication: production of weekly and monthly reports internally and externally
- Risk and opportunity management: Ensuring the Contract is respected; maintain an event register and a claim file. In coordination with Sales team identify and pursue any additional business opportunities.
- Apply and ensure GE values as well as GE security and safety guidelines are applied and adhered.
Engineering degree (preferably in Electrical networks or Automation). A double degree engineering and business administration or Project Management would be a plus.
Experience in delivering turnkey projects in an electricity production environment (EMS, high voltage substations, transmission lines, hydro power plants, etc.)
Open to traveling internationally
Team management experience is a plus
Lean Management experience is a plus
The candidate would have possibly occupied similar positions in Contracting companies (ABB, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Hyundai, L&T, KEC, etc.)
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English is mandatory – Other language mastery would be a plus (Chinese, French, etc.)
Tanzanian nationality is preferred
Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE 2) is considered, but not mandatory