HESLB Loan Application 2022/2023 – HESLB Online Application (OLAMS), The Loan Application window for 2022/2023 opens on 15th July, 2022 through 30th September, 2022. However, these guidelines will be available in www.heslb.go.tz from July 15th, 2022 to enable applicants familiarize with key issues before applying for loans.
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) – Bodi Ya Mikopo Elimu Ya Juu
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. HESLB commenced operations in July 2005 using a secretariat of 9 (nine) staff seconded to the Board by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
The Board has been mandated to assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education. The Board is also entrusted to collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board.
Steps On How Apply for A Heslb Loan – OLAMS 2022 (Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo Heslb 2022/2023)
To Successfully apply and fix the application forms, the Applicant can register and complete the application form at the HESLB portal by following and the simple instructions below;
- Step #1: First go to the HESLB OLAMS official Site https://olas.heslb.go.tz/
- Step #2: On the home page, click on apply for Loan
- Step #3: The registration form will appear.
- Step #4: Provide all the required information and complete the registration process.
- Step #5: Carefully enter all the information in the required fields.
- Step #6: Submit the required documents in the desired format.
- Step #7: Read all details carefully when all entries are made.
- Step #8: Make the payment of the application fee. Applicants must pay a non-refundable, one-off application fee of TZS 30,000 through GePG vide NMB, CRDB, TPB, Vodacom M-PESA, TIGO PESA, and AIRTEL MONEY. For details visit: https://olas.heslb.go.tz
ELIGIBILITY – HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM
BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/2023 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/2023 | WWW.HESLB.COM) Act and regulations provide for General Eligibility and Criteria for applicants seeking loans. NEEDY and ELIGIBLE applicants may apply for loans and/or grants to meet part or full costs of their education.
In addition to the general eligibility, additional criteria define NEEDY applicant who should not exceed 35 years of age at the time of application, who may: –
- Be a poor orphan who has lost one or both parents (death certificate has to be certified by RITA or Zanzibar Civil Status Registration Agency (ZCSRA) “Wakala wa Usajili wa Matukio ya Kijamii Zanzibar “or respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania).
- Be a poor disabled student whose disability shall have to be certified by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- Have poor parents with disabilities to be certified by the District Medical Officer (DMO), Regional Medical Officer (RMO), or any entity authorized to certify such cases (as may be specified).
- Be from lower-income households and/or marginalized communities whose secondary school or diploma education was sponsored. Applicants in this category will be required to ask respective sponsors to fill a standard proof of sponsorship form which can be downloaded from the BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) website and upload along with other attachments in the application. The said letter shall be authenticated and regarded as evidence of such sponsorships.
- Be from a lower-income household and/or marginalized community, which is under Special Economic Support Programs for example TASAF. They should provide the program beneficiary’s number as proof.
LOAN ITEMS, MEANS TESTING AND AMOUNTS TO BE ALLOCATED
BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) may provide loans to cover all or some of the following items: –
- Meals, Accommodation, and Incidentals (MAI)
- Tuition Fee (TF)
- Books and Stationery Expenses (BSE)
- Special Faculty Requirements (SFR)
- Research Expenses (RE)
- Field Practical Training (FPT)
OTHER CONDITIONS FOR ISSUANCE OF LOANS in BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/2023 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/2023 | WWW.HESLB.COM)
Liability of Guarantors and Parents
Parents/Guarantors are responsible for confirmation of correctness (and accuracy) of information submitted in the application forms before signing. The guarantors are expected to ensure that loans are repaid and must be aware of the borrowers’ whereabouts until the loans are fully repaid. In case of default, guarantors shall be responsible to settle the due /unpaid loan in full.
The Guarantor is required to append a photo and a certified copy of either of the following Identification cards; Before you make an application for BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) in 2022 make sure you have the following documents.
- National Identification card.
- Voter’s registration card.
- Driving License.
- Tanzanian Passport
- Zanzibar Resident ID
BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) MODE OF APPLICATION 2022
All loan applications will be done through Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS). Applicants are REMINDED to use the same Form Four Index Numbers used while applying for admissions.
Upon completion of the online application process, applicants shall be required to print out the application forms and Loan Agreements, obtain appropriate authentications, sign the forms, attach necessary documents and upload into OLAMS before submitting the same through EMS to: –
The Executive Director,
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board,
BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) House, 1 Kilimo Street, TAZARA Area, Mandela Road, P.O.Box 76068,
15471 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Applicants are REMINDED to keep full sets of the loan application, attachments submitted, and EMS receipts used for mailing their applications to BODI YA MIKOPO 2022/23 (HESLB LOGIN 2022/23 | WWW.HESLB.COM) for easy tracking when necessary.
LOAN APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Loan Application window for 2022/2023 opens on 15th July, 2022through 30th September, 2022. However, these guidelines will be available in www.heslb.go.tz from July 15th, 2022 to enable applicants familiarize with key issues before applying for loans
APPEAL AGAINST AWARDED LOAN AMOUNTS
Applicants who will not be satisfied with the allocations may appeal by completing relevant Online Appeal Forms, (details to be provided later). Allocation of successful appeals will depend on availability of funds.
INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
Applicants or loan beneficiaries with inquiries or complaints will have to follow procedures displayed in the loan application window’s Helpdesk