About Geita Gold Mine
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML or Geita mine), one of AngloGold Ashanti’s flagship mines, is located in North-Western Tanzania in the Lake Victoria goldfields in Geita region, about 120km from Mwanza City and 4km west of the township of Geita. It has been in operation as a large-scale mine since 2000 but mining has taken place in the area since the 1930s. The Geita gold deposit is currently mined as a multiple open-pit and underground operation.
As at 31 December 2020, the Mineral Resource is at 7.92 million ounces. Approximately 1,555m of capital development was completed for the Star & Comet, Nyankanga and Geita hill underground sections, to access new areas for stope mining and for further exploration in 2021.
Open-pit mining at Nyankanga and Geita Hill continued with Geita Hill reaching the end of its economic life and Nyankanga completed in September 2020. In April 2021, GGML started open pit mining activities at Nyamulilima (2.4km from Star & Comet) with expectations of producing one million ounces in the next six years.
Geita mine is currently powered by a 40MW power plant comprising of four diesel generators. The power plant was commissioned in August 2018, providing reliable power supply to the mining operations. In 2020, the Tanzania Electricity Supply Company (TANESCO) initiated plans to supply electricity from the national grid network to the mine. The mine will be connected from 220/33kV located at Mpomvu village, six kilometres from the mine. The 33/11kV 60MVA mine substation are currently under implementation stage.
Geita Gold Mine Contact Details & Address
- Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
- O. Box 532,
- Email: jobs.geita@AngloGoldAshanti.com
How to Apply for Jobs Advertised Today by Geita Gold Mine, Geita Gold Mine careers
Here are the Geita Gold Mine Jobs, you can see more of the vacancies advertised by Geita Gold Mine and how to apply
3 JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT ABSA BANK – MERCHANT SALES SUPPORT
Position: Manager – Supply Chain
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Senior Manager: Finance
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to take accountability for the Geita Gold Mine supply chain operational requirements, including, but not limited to all procurement related activities, inventory control, warehousing, logistic and shipping activities whilst adhering to all governance and legal requirements both within AGA and in-country. This is done whilst focusing on controlling costs and improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of the overall supply chain.
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Commerce or Degree in Supply Chain and Logistic Management.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 10 years working experience, mining industry experience advantageous.
- Experience in a procurement and Supply Chain Management position.
- Proficient in the use of ERP SAP Materials Management system.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of supply chain, business acumen and the mining environment.
- Knowledge of SAP supply chain systems integration and automation a definite requirement.
- Proven track record for competency in all Supply Chain SAP modules.
- Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills, as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Working experience is required in Procurement and Purchasing, Tendering, Benchmarking, Should Costing, Effective Adjudication, Inventory Management, Vendor and Contract Management, Warehouse Management, Technical Procurement, Logistics management including, Sea and Air Freight and INCO Terms.
- Health and Safety requirements, especially focused on site service providers
- Proven track record of improving internal control environment within Supply Chain
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- It is expected of this role to manage key pillars that will result in an effective supply chain:
- Sphere of influence of supply chain – recognize the contribution that an effective supply chain can make in an organization.
- External environment influences on supply chain – understand how markets can be influenced by changes in the external environment so that appropriate actions can be taken to ensure that the organization can develop opportunities, ensure compliance to regulatory standards, and minimize disruption with its suppliers and supply chains.
- Systems technology and integration – understand the impact of systems-based technologies as being key to improving the ability of the organization to manage its expenditures.
- Spend management and value for money outcomes which include:
- Effective purchasing
- Effective inventory control
- Controlling expenditure
- Strategic procurement
- Supply techniques
- Category management
- Strategic sourcing
- Robust contractual agreements, that ensure positive outcomes in cost, time, and quality
- Understanding the legal aspects of contracting goods and services whilst managing contractual risk
- Ensure adherence and compliance with the Laws of Tanzania as well as the local content regulations.
- Stages of the sourcing process, effective tendering, supplier appraisal, negotiation planning, outsourcing and global sourcing.
- Performance standards that deliver outcomes, based on a set of KPI’s, including that of the team. This should include value added activities and continuous improvement.
- Coaching, leading, and developing both individual and team knowledge, understanding and capabilities.
- Developing self and personal skills, including self-awareness, problem solving, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Understand the importance of ethics and responsible procurement, whilst promoting ethical practices and behavior with all stakeholders.
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations, and budget of the Supply Chain Department.
- Lead and manage customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation, and other areas as required.
- Adhere to and communicate all supply chain related policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Understand and implement effective SRM (Supplier Resource Management) whilst maintaining and developing positive business relationships with key customers.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, solve problems, and clarify management objectives.
- Manage/coordinate the production planning process, including supply/demand forecasting inventory management and on time delivery.
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices.
- Monitor and analyses current trends in the marketplace.
- Analytical skills – analyses, interpretation, planning, and acting based on the analysis.
- Adhere to, direct, and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain.
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues.
- Establish key performance indicators, individually and for the department, monitor ongoing performance and improve performance against set goals.
- Warehouse management and house keeping
- Managing and interacting with external and internal stakeholders
- Registered with PSPTB
- Non-negotiable high ethical and moral values.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Manager – Supply Chain”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 24th June 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 June 2022.
Useful Links Geita Gold Mine:
Geita Gold Mine website – Link
Geita Gold Mine careers – Link