About AngloGold Ashanti
AngloGold Ashanti, is an independent, global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects and exploration activities across nine countries on four continents. While gold is our principal product, we also produce silver (Argentina) and sulphuric acid (Brazil) as by-products. In Colombia, one of the two projects underway, Quebradona, will produce both gold and copper.
AngloGold Ashanti Contact Details & Address
- Tel: +27 (0)11 637 6000
- 112 Oxford Road,
- Houghton Estate
- Johannesburg 2198
- South Africa
How to Apply for Jobs Advertised Today by AngloGold Ashanti, AngloGold Ashanti careers
Here are the AngloGold Ashanti Jobs, you can see more of the vacancies advertised by AngloGold Ashanti and how to apply
About the job
CATEGORY SPECIALIST: DRILLING SERVICES
Vacancy : Category Specialist: Drilling Services
Department : Global Category Management
Location : 112 Oxford Road, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg
A 7 (seven) month fixed term employment opportunity until 31 December 2022 exists within the Global Category Management team at the Corporate Office in Johannesburg to fill the role of Category Specialist: Drilling Services.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide direct output support to the Global Category Manager through managing the present. Troubleshooting based on extensive analysis and diagnostic work and implementation of corrective actions based on recommendations derived from the analysis and diagnostics execution and maintenance of an effective global category strategy for drilling to achieve lowest total cost of ownership. Delivering value to the Mine Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s qualification, preferably in Commercial, Supply Chain, Engineering, Geology, Business, Economics/Finance, or Accounting
- 5 years’ experience in a global supply value chain environment
- Sourcing and Procurement Project Management Skills
- Strong data assimilation, analysis and hypothesis construction skills
- Assertive, driven, leader who has experience interfacing with diverse groups of people, including high level executive’s high-performance goals for self and team
- Solid knowledge of Commodity strategy development and implementation
- Good supplier relationship management (SRM) skills
- Solid planning/organizing skills: capable of supporting major projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of business processes EOI/RFI/RFP within AGA such as Business Improvement/Safety/ERP
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project and Power BI and Think-Cell experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Detail orientated individual with solid analytical experience
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams.
- Execution of strategic sourcing activities for global operations managed drilling services across various regions, including various global suppliers
- Execution of category strategy, (Should Costs) landed cost modelling, drilling supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations and long-term contract establishment
- Driving supplier management strategies & negotiations at management levels
- Manage suppliers to ensure sustainable delivery according to sites budget planning
- Implementation of cost reduction strategies
- Leading value improvements with year over year benefits, margin improvements
- Ensure and manage compliance to overall supply chain governance, policies and procedures i.e. safety and sustainability
- Ensure sufficient interface with key stakeholders when developing and communicating commodity strategies e.g. Business Unit heads
- Model overall value based on security of supply, Total Cost of Ownership and end user requirements for respective commodity
- Utilize market intelligence and strategic sourcing principles to drive realization of benefits for AGA
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) and Localization strategy implementation in contracts
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are implemented and adhered to by team, suppliers, and self
- Alleviate commodity risks and focus on development of supplier scorecards KPI’s for monitoring and measuring performance.
- Continuously maintain and refine an effective global commodity strategy
- Manage and ensure responsible sourcing from global suppliers by ethically sourcing products from across the strategic supply base
- Promote local supplier engagement and community improvements where AGA operates globally
- Business Case and Report Writing, Presentation of Information at executive level through PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP systems will be an advantage
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project experience is beneficial
- Development of Total Cost of Ownership model, review and verification of Rate Adjustments
- Solid negotiating and presentation skills
- Solid teamwork and group facilitation skills with a proven track record in facilitation of cross-functional teams
- Support the Category Manager by preparing data and information and analysis for contracts negotiation strategies and processes and with the preparation of related documentation.
- Defining sourcing strategies from a commercial point of view
- Solid working knowledge of gold processing reagents including industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, should cost modelling, material lead times, and technical/ manufacturing processes
- Solid commercial contract negotiation skills, especially Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To deliver post contract commercial management
- Sufficient depth of knowledge to investigate, identify and resolve problems and technical issues in own function
- Preparedness to undertake extensive business travel
- Savings and Reporting initiatives
- Provide support to the Category Manager with the development, tracking, presentation and distribution of contract reports with specific reference to;
- Portfolio savings achieved
- Measurement of contract key performance metrics to target and tracking of benefits
- Potential and identified Operational Efficiency initiatives and impact to the business.
- Monthly contractor cost vs revenue realized
- Rate Adjustment reviews, and contract accruals
- Set up, maintenance and distribution of monthly dashboards for critical contracts and automation of such.
- Monitors contract performance against site budget and conducts root cause analysis of deviation from budget.
- Analyses site budgets in depth per element code as specific to portfolio
- Provides support to the Category Manager with the submission of annual contract budget guidance and forecast.
- Fosters relationships with site and corporate based finance teams and keeps abreast of changes to site budgets.
Global Category Manager: Drilling Services and Explosives
Salary will be in accordance with the AngloGold Ashanti Schedule of Salaries.
Please note that applications should be submitted before the 4 July 2022 and applicants not contacted within 30 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Useful Links AngloGold Ashanti:
AngloGold Ashanti website – Link
AngloGold Ashanti careers – Link
Leave a Reply