About Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam
Celebrating 90 years of existence in Tanzania, the clinics and hospitals of the Aga Khan Health Service make the Service the longest serving not-for-profit private health care institution in Tanzania. It established its first health Dispensary in Dar es Salaam in 1929.
The Aga Khan Hospital, in Dar es Salaam was established in 1964, as a multispecialty 74-bed hospital offering quality health care for the people of Tanzania.
In 2018, the expansion of the Hospital transformed the institution into a world-class health care facility. A leading 170-bed teaching and tertiary care referral hospital enabled it to provide a significantly higher level of specialised care combining cutting-edge technology with highly skilled human resources. The hospital facilities provide advance clinical programmes in cardiology, oncology, neuro sciences, critical care (including neo-natal critical care) and maternal and child health. All specialties are supported by relevant diagnostics, integrated operating rooms and a sophisticated accident and emergency department.
The Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam is the only hospital in Tanzania to receive the prestigious gold standard quality re-accreditation from Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2019. In addition to JCIA re-accreditation, the Hospital is also ISO 9001 and SADCAS-certified. These certifications are awarded after the facility has met strict criteria such as in-patient safety, delivery of clinical care and overall patient support. These accreditations, combined with a site on the banks of the Indian Ocean offers health care to the people of Tanzania and East Africa that is comparable to the best health facilities around the world
Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam Contact Details & Address
- Tel: +255 22 211 5151/53 (ext. 4130)
- Fax: +255 22 211 5904
How to Apply for Jobs Advertised Today by Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam, Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam careers
Here are the Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam Jobs, you can see more of the vacancies advertised by Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam and how to apply
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT AGA KHAN, MADRASA EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMME – PROJECT OFFICER
Aga Khan – Madrasa Early Childhood Programme
Aga Khan Foundation
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme -Zanzibar (MECP-Z) is an affiliate of The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). For 30 years MECP-Z has been implementing Early Childhood Development (ECD) programmes in Zanzibar and in 2014 started to deliver its programming in mainland Tanzania.
Currently MECP-Z is implementing Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) project in Zanzibar aimed at airing the voices of people with disability and to show everyone that disability is not inability. The project is delivered in partnership with Department of Disability Affairs (DDA) and Shirikisho la Jumuiya za Watu Wenye Ulemavu Zanzibar (SHIJUWAZA) under the support of Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD).
MECP-Z is looking for one committed and qualified professional to fill the position of Project Officer – Inclusive Education and Integrated Early Childhood Development for a duration of two and half years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as a Liaison officer between SHIJUWAZA and MECP-Z in the project.
- Liaise closely with NAD Regional IE Adviser (Kampala), and with NAD Oslo when required, while keeping MECP-Z and other actors informed.
- Liaise with key CBID actors on the CBID capacity development of key government structures, which includes IE and ECD elements, when requested.
- Verify/Monitor the work undertaken by the partners and service providers and reporting.
- Promote gender mainstreaming and inclusiveness within the project.
- Identify local challenges and risks that may affect the project and propose mitigation options.
- Ensure a harmonious relationship between the project, the communities, the government and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate smooth working conditions for external technical advisers on both IE components
Component 1: DPO Capacity Building on IE:
- Coordinate and lead facilitator of the capacity building of Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) on IE, responsible for ensuring implementation of both national and district level activities.
- Coordinate the development of work plan and budget, request funds for activities and timely retirement of implemented activities
- Ensure the selection, capacity building and maintenance of a strong team of DPOs trainers at national and district levels.
- Ensure the development of a sound IE documentation and monitoring system within SHIJUWAZA
- Inform the project coordinator with reports which cover activities accomplished, targets reached, and ongoing monitoring information.
- Identify potential success stories and learnings from the field.
Component 2: Teacher Training on IE:
- In collaboration with Inclusive Education and Life Skills Unit, SUZA and other actors involved in this component, coordinate the development of work plan and budget, request funds for activities and timely retirement of implemented activities.
- Ensure sound monitoring of IE teacher training activities, outputs and outcomes, and report to project management. Identify potential success stories and learnings from the field.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least Degree in Education, Masters is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and/or experience working rights based with civil society organizations.
- Experience working as a facilitator of participatory learning and active grassroots engagement.
- Experience coordinating collaboration between several actors.
- Possesses social organization skills and experience in Educational chains.
- At least 2 years of successful work with results-based project management.
- Good Command of English and Kiswahili.
- Strong in computer skills (Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing both English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages), the names and contact information of three referees
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
MECP-Z is an equal opportunity employer
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 April 2022.
Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam Useful Links :
Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam website – Link
Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam careers – Link
Leave a Reply