acmis student portal, the new Academic Management Information System (ACMIS) was locally developed through government support by teams from the Directorate for ICT Support (DICTS) and College of Computing and Information Sciences (CoCIS), Makerere University, DICTS-Kyambogo University and some external participants. ACMIS replaces the AIMS system, whose support from government ended on 30th June 2021.
The ACMIS system, was adopted by all Vice Chancellors of Public Universities through the Vice Chancellors forum and will be directly managed by the ACMIS consortium of Public Universities.
It has been brought to our attention that many of you are being misinformed that the ACMIS system can only work or be accessed from DICTS! This is not correct! Any legitimate Makerere user, can access the ACMIS system from any location globally as long as they have good internet connectivity.
How to Activate Your Mak Student’s Portal (ACMIS)
At this juncture, students from ALL colleges should be able to access their student portals. However, since the data migration process is still ongoing, some students will encounter challenges such as;
- “Invalid Student Number”– Upon attempt to reset password (This usually happens when data is not yet migrated and should be reported to DICTS via this Complaints Form.
- No Access to Contact Details (“EMAIL ADDRESS” and “PHONE CONTACT”) that were migrated from AIMS to ACMIS. If you already have a university email address, please fill this form for DICTS to update your records with your university email address. If you do not have a university email address, please visit https://sso.mak.ac.ug/ to create one and thereafter, fill the above form for DICTS to update your records with your University email address.
- Inability to enroll due to Lack of “Tuition Fee Structure” for the program.
- Inability to enroll & register due to lack of “Other Fees” particularly for “RETAKERS”, no course modules, wrong course modules, insufficient credit units etc.
- Wrong Results On Portal
- Updating/correcting your bio-data (Names, Date of Birth (DoB), Year of Entry, Phone contact etc.)
- Updating your tuition fees category (Gov, Private, Biological Scheme, Loan Scheme, State House etc.)
- De-enrolment for students who enrolled wrongly. In Semester 2 of every academic year, ALL students MUST enroll as “CONTINUING STUDENT” save for FINALIST who MUST enroll as “FINALIST” on the system. Should you enroll wrongly, please visit your College Registrar to de-enroll you.
- Inputting student records into ACMIS for students whose data was never captured on AIMS or ACMIS.
- Confirming your “Tuition Fees” credit balance carried forward from AIMS. All credit balances on ACMIS were set to 0/= for all students because financial history data has not yet been migrated. This data will be migrated soon. However, should you wish to confirm your credit balance, please visit your college accountant or registrar.
How to Recover Your Student Portal Password
When you forget your password on the student’s portal (AIMS STUDENT PORTAL) kindly follow the guidelines below to recover your password without having to contact DICTS for extra help.
Access the AIMS student portal via students.mak.ac.ug and all you have to click is the “Forgot Password” and try to recover your password as you follow through with the prompts.
A new window will open up that will ask for your User ID (which is usually your Student Number) and Recovery token. If you have not received a recovery token yet, kindly fill in your User ID and click the “Continue>>” button. The Recovery Token will be sent to your Email Address.
After receiving your Recovery Token, kindly fill it in and click the “Continue>>” button.
A new window will open up where to have to Change Password. Ensure that you follow the password rules as prescribed. Click “Reset Account”.
Finally, submit and the changes will be put to effect in a few minutes.
To follow the details in a graphical documentation, click this link and download the pdf