The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) is a semi-autonomous Government Agency of the United Republic of Tanzania. It was established by the Tanzania Revenue Act, CAP. 339 in 1995 and started its operations on the 1st of July 1996.
In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is responsible for, among others, to administer and give effect to the laws or the specified provisions of the laws set out in the First Schedule to said Act, and for that purpose, TRA undertakes to assess, collect, and account for all revenue to which those laws apply, on behalf of the Government. Other specific functions of TRA include the following. First, to monitor, oversee, coordinate activities and ensure the fair, efficient and effective administration of revenue laws by the Revenue Department in the jurisdiction of the Union Government. Second, to monitor and ensure the collection of fees, levies, charges, or any other tax collected by any Ministry, Department or Division of the Government as revenue for the Government. Third, to advise the Minister and other relevant organs on all matters pertaining to fiscal policy, the implementation of the Policy, and the constant improvement of policy regarding revenue laws and administration. Fourth, to promote voluntary tax compliance to the highest degree possible. Fifth, to take such measures as may be necessary to improve the standard of service given to Taxpayers with a view to improving the effectiveness of the revenue Departments and maximizing revenue collection. Sixth, to determine the steps to be taken to counteract fraud and other forms of tax and another fiscal evasion. Seventh, to produce trade statistics and publications on a quarterly basis.
Taxes and charges administered and collected by Authority Are Income Taxes that include, Corporate Tax, Individuals, pay as You Earn (PAYE), Skills Development Levy (SDL), and other Withholding Taxes, Value Added Tax (VAT), Import Duty, Excise Duty, Stamp Duty, Airport Service Charge, Port Service Charge, Motor Vehicle Registration, and Transfer Tax, Property Rate, Fuel Levy, Petroleum Levy, Tourism Development Levy, Railway Development Levy, and Motor Vehicle Driving License Fee. The current chairperson of the TRA is Dr. suleiman M. Missango. Offices of the TRA are located in Dar es Salaam.
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No. 11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
“To increase Domestic Revenue through Enhancement of Voluntary Tax Compliance”
We make it easy to pay Tax and make lives better
POST: ICT OFFICER II (DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER) – 50 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): IT AND TELECOMS
EMPLOYER: Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2022-04-09 2022-04-23
JOB SUMMARY N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in capturing user Customers Requirement Specifications;
- To perform system analysis and design;
- To implement software systems (Write and document code);
- To perform systems testing (Software validation& verification) and document test results;
- To perform system configuration;
- To assist in conducting users acceptance test;
- To participate in design review and provide input for user documentation;
- To liaise with user support staff in supporting end users;
- To maintain and support various business process applications;
- To establish solutions for the identified Authority’s requirements covering design and development;
- To implement solution components progressively in accordance with detailed applications designs following enterprise architecture, documentation standards, quality assurance (QA) requirements and approval standards;
- To assist to procure solution components based on the acquisition plan in accordance with requirements and detailed application designs, architecture principals and standards and the Authority’s overall procurements and contract procedures, QA requirements, and approval standards;
- To develop related reporting and analysis functionality for operational and historical data in ICT systems to enable production of reports and analysis for effective decision making;
- To implement the escalated service development related problems (2nd and or 3rd level) and their root causes to provide timely resolution to prevent recurring incidents;
- To provide descriptions and relationships between service developments related key resources and capabilities required to deliver ICT- enabled services; and
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Information and Communications Technology, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, System Security, Database Administration or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
REMUNERATION: TRAS 4