About Dar es Salaam University College of Education-DUCE
The Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) is a public institution established in 2005 through the Government Notice No. 202 published on 22nd July 2005. The establishment of the College was a priority response by the Government of Tanzania to address the problem of acute shortage of graduate teachers and experts in the education sector that had resulted from the rapid expansion of school enrolment. The expansion was due to the successes of the Primary Education Development Programme (PEDP) in 2002 – 2006 and the Secondary Education Development Programme (SEDP I) in 2004 – 2009, among other initiatives.
The College is located on Plot 324 and 325 Block ‘T’ Chang’ombe in Temeke Municipality, Dar es Salaam Region, adjacent to the new National Stadium and about 5 km from the City Centre via Kilwa Road. The College consists of 52.97 acres of land. The College also owns an area of 1.17 hectares located on Plot No. 964/1 Block ‘V’ Mbagala. This strategic location of the College provides opportunities in different areas of investment due to its proximity to City centre.
Candidates admitted into this College pursue any of the FOUR undergraduate degree programmes which are:
- Bachelor of Education in Arts (B.Ed. Arts)
- Bachelor of Education in Science (B.Ed. Science)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education B.A. (Ed.)
- Bachelor of Science with Education B.Sc. (Ed.)
Any of the THREE postgraduate programmes which are:
- Master of Science with Education (M.Sc. Ed.) in Biology and Chemistry Streams
- Master of Arts with Education (M.A. Ed.) in Geography Stream
- Master of Arts with Education (M.A. Ed.)
- Master of Science with Education (MSC.ED)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration Degree(Evening)
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ME-ELPS),
- Master of Education in Curriculum Studies [M.ED.(CS)]
- Master of Arts in Development Evaluation (MADE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
DUCE has three Faculties i.e., Faculty of Education (FoED), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FoHSS) and the Faculty of Science (FoSC) and one Directorate, Library.
Vision & Mission
To become a prominent hub for transformative education and training, research, innovation and public service.
To advance economic and social development through effective teaching, research, innovation and knowledge exchange.
Quality Education for All.
Dar es Salaam University College of Education-DUCE Location and Contact Information
Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
Vacancies and Internships at Dar es Salaam University College of Education-DUCE Dar es Salaam University College of Education-DUCE
Government institution job vacancies are normally advertised through the government Official jobs portal (Public Service Recruitment Secretariat-PSRS) which can be accessed through this link- https://ajira.go.tz/.
Find and apply for jobs advertised by Dar es Salaam University College of Education-DUCE by browsing the links listed below: